Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Indian Inspired Wedding

I love custom orders.  They allow me to be creative and it allows my clients to receive a one of a kind gift to give or keep as an heirloom.  I get to know some of my customers really well when we collaborate.  Brides are usually very specific and very involved in the process.  This flower girl doll was for an Indian inspired wedding.  The bride shared pictures of the actual flower girl dress, some of their plans for the ceremony such as Mendhi or henna.  They are planning to do this as part of the celebration.  So, she wanted me to draw Mendhi on the doll's hands.  I was a little scared to do this, but I love a challenge.  I've never had a request for anything like this.  It turned out to be really fun.  She wanted the dress to be as close to the actual dress as possible.  So, I ordered a handmade doiley in gold and cream.  I spent a lot of time taking it apart to piece together the doll's dress.  It was so worth it!  It came out just the way I hoped.  This dress was very detailed and personalized embroidery wouldn't look right on the front.  So, this time I embroidered the tail of the bow on the back.  I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures from this wedding and hopefully will be able to share them. 
I enjoyed working with this bride and hope she loves it!
Customer Feedback:  "Paige was wonderful to work with, she went above and beyond to make a doll to match my flower girl dress. My wedding is an indian theme and she even put Henna on the doll's hands!! I can not wait to see my little sister's reaction to the mini me flower girl doll! Now if I can just hold out untill the wedding before I give it to her!"

No comments:

Post a Comment